Software Engineering, Data Science
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
1) The market leader in digital analytics with the mission of delivering the world’s leading cyber risk analytics on one of the most critical risks of today and the future.
2) Exceptionally well-funded startup that has raised over $100MM of capital from top-tier investors that has no need for any additional capital in this current market environment
3) Explosive team growth (from 15 employees in SF to >100 people globally).
4) Explosive client base growth path with a >99% retention rate.
5) An incredibly diverse, collaborative, and high-performing team of insurance industry professionals, data scientists, and engineers who love working here.
6) CyberCube and its products win industry awards every year (eg. Cyber Risk Solution of the Year & Stress Scenario Software of the Year in 2023). We were recognized with 9 awards in 2022.
7) Senior leadership has a continuous commitment to team members doing the best work of their careers.
8) CyberCube is just a place where you can get things done!
9) Ranked #11 on Forbes America's Best Startup Employers.
We are looking for a passionate Data Engineer to join our team. You will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and pipeline architecture and data flow and collection for cross-functional teams. They must be self-driven and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading data from various sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Implements processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems, or another quantitative field.
- 1+ years of experience in Data Modeling, and Development
- Experience with relational SQL and at least one NoSQL database like MySQL, Elasticsearch, Neptune, etc.,
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java or Scala, etc.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Experience with data-driven applications and building platforms
- Experience working on cloud platforms such as AWS
Why You'll Love It Here
- Play an instrumental role in reshaping one of the oldest industries in the world
- Competitive salary, 4% match on 401(k), and unlimited PTO
- Meaningful early stage equity
- Generous healthcare benefits with medical, dental and vision coverage
- Weekly catered lunches, happy hour, and Classpass credits
- Company paid learning and development assistance
- Flexible working hours and the option to work from home when necessary
- Dependant care assistance plan
- Company supported mentorship program
- Grow in a collaborative, respectful, and empathetic culture
CyberCube Analytics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t tolerate discrimination against age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, color, nationality, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, protected genetic information or political affiliation.
See more open positions at CyberCube
Something looks off?