Senior Product Manager - Data Platform
Posted on Saturday, June 24, 2023
1) The market leader in digital analytics with the mission of delivering the world’s leading cyber risk analytics on one of the most critical risks of today and the future.
2) Exceptionally well-funded startup that has raised over $100MM of capital from top-tier investors that has no need for any additional capital in this current market environment
3) Explosive team growth (from 15 employees in SF to >100 people globally).
4) Explosive client base growth path with a >99% retention rate.
5) An incredibly diverse, collaborative, and high-performing team of insurance industry professionals, data scientists, and engineers who love working here.
6) CyberCube and its products win industry awards every year (eg. Cyber Risk Solution of the Year & Stress Scenario Software of the Year in 2023). We were recognized with 9 awards in 2022.
7) Senior leadership has a continuous commitment to team members doing the best work of their careers.
8) CyberCube is just a place where you can get things done!
9) Ranked #11 on Forbes America's Best Startup Employers.
About the Role
CyberCube is looking for an experienced Product Manager to lead the execution of our data platform products. An ideal candidate is someone who understands the challenges of cyber insurance, and can deliver solutions through product management of data products and platform. You will join our growing product team, working in collaboration with our analytics, engineering & design teams. Your role will be to execute and advise on the roadmap for data platform products, while taking input from customers and internal stakeholders to iterate where necessary.
This role reports to the Sr. Director of Product Management, and serves as a key interface between our Product team (which includes Analytics and Design), Engineering team, and our customer-facing teams (including Business Development and Client Services). You will be responsible for managing the complete product development lifecycle of the solution suite, from developing new product strategies to rolling out solutions. You will discover the fundamental needs of multiple stakeholders, set priorities, and create requirements to build upon CyberCube’s leading cyber insurance solutions. The role will balance incremental product enhancements with larger transformational opportunities. As a Product Manager, you’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty, managing key stakeholders uninhibited by ego or hierarchy.
This is a full-time remote-first position with office availability in San Francisco, New York, or Chicago.
- Define requirements by learning from customers and working closely with our engineering, analytics, and data teams
- Motivate those building solutions with a deep understanding of the why and the what, inspiring their ownership of the how
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis, anticipating customer needs and crafting a compelling narrative around new features, use cases, or markets
- Manage the roadmap in a clear, consistent manner, and help everyone understand what success looks like for any product, feature, or design change
- Coordinate cross-functional inbound activities across functional team leads and team contributors.
- Establish time schedules and develop well-integrated plans, managing projects through from commitment to delivery.
- Perform data analyses on industry data, product telemetry, data from our products, etc… to help inform product decisions and support customers
- Work cross-functionally with our Marketing & PR/Communications teams to create product collateral and support go to market efforts.
- You’ve previously demonstrated success as a B2B Product Manager. Experience with cyber security, cyber insurance, or other related industries is a definite plus.
- Love of APIs and data
- You're excited about thinking big-picture strategy, but are equally excited to roll up your sleeves and put together requirements docs, technical documentation, and value proposition statements as well as run standups, groom backlogs, and conduct retrospectives.
- You lead through influence without the need for direct authority. You have the proven ability to motivate, lead, and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- You rely on data to drive your decision making and strategy.
- You’ve worked in an agile environment before; and will ideally be comfortable with, Jira, Confluence, Asana, etc.
- You have intellectual curiosity, willingness to learn new skills, and ability to contribute ideas.
- You're excited by analytical problems and new challenges.
Skills and Qualification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field (or equivalent experience); MBA or Master’s Degree a plus.
- At least 5+ years of product management experience with a focus in risk management and insurance or other financial industry (bonus points for cyber experience).
- You have successfully demonstrated the ability to define and ship products in an iterative manner and take an early-stage product to the next level with new functionality that is broadly utilized across a customer base and/or internal teams.
- Thinking product requirements and product launch plans is second nature to you.
- You have ability and willingness to work with distributed engineering, GTM, and services teams
- You have a passion for the market and opportunities that CyberCube is pursuing
Why You'll Love It Here
- Play an instrumental role in reshaping one of the oldest industries in the world
- Competitive salary and unlimited PTO
- Meaningful early stage equity
- Generous healthcare benefits with medical, dental and vision coverage
- Monthly catered lunches and happy hours
- Company paid learning and development assistance
- Flexible working hours and ability to work remotely
- Opportunity to participate in a secondment program
- Dependant care assistance plan
- Company supported mentorship program
- Grow in a collaborative, respectful, and empathetic culture
CyberCube Analytics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t tolerate discrimination against age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, color, nationality, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, protected genetic information or political affiliation.