Cyber Actuarial Analyst
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 1, 2023
1) The market leader in digital analytics with the mission of delivering the world’s leading cyber risk analytics on one of the most critical risks of today and the future.
2) Exceptionally well-funded startup that has raised over $100MM of capital from top-tier investors that has no need for any additional capital in this current market environment
3) Explosive team growth (from 15 employees in SF to >100 people globally).
4) Explosive client base growth path with a >99% retention rate.
5) An incredibly diverse, collaborative, and high-performing team of insurance industry professionals, data scientists, and engineers who love working here.
6) CyberCube and its products win industry awards every year (eg. Cyber Risk Solution of the Year & Stress Scenario Software of the Year in 2023). We were recognized with 9 awards in 2022.
7) Senior leadership has a continuous commitment to team members doing the best work of their careers.
8) CyberCube is just a place where you can get things done!
9) Ranked #11 on Forbes America's Best Startup Employers.
This is an exciting opportunity for an insurance professional interested in growing within or pivoting towards cyber insurance. The candidate will be an integral part of CyberCube’s Solutions Consulting (SC) team which sits at the confluence between our client-facing go-to-market (GTM) teams and our internal product development teams.
The SC team brings together the best of CyberCube to support the world’s leading institutions and emerging businesses across the entire insurance value chain with our best-in-class cyber analytics data, signals, models, and risk frameworks. You’ll be a key member of this team, support the end-to-end delivery of cyber risk consulting services, play a critical role in client-focused product sales, and will have loads of fun while doing the best work of your career!
The ideal candidate will have around two to five years of general insurance (GI) or property and casualty (P&C) work experience in actuarial or other quantitative roles. This role is based in New York City on a hybrid model. This position will involve up to 20% travel, primarily across the US and continental Europe.
- Support the delivery of cyber insurance projects
- Prepare and present analysis results to stakeholders both internally and externally
- Develop subject matter expertise in CyberCube’s data and products
- Share subject matter expertise to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Provide a positive experience when interacting with clients and prospects
- Recommend product enhancements and features based on market feedback
- Work collaboratively with and synergize resources from across CyberCube
- Support the continued evolution of CyberCube’s strategy, culture, and best practices
- Act as an ambassador for CyberCube when engaging the insurance market
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g. business, economics, finance, etc.) or equivalence via work experience
- Typically two to five (2-5) years of GI or P&C work experience in actuarial or other quantitative roles
- Client-facing and sales-oriented mindset
- Knowledge of insurance fundamentals such as pricing and underwriting, catastrophe modeling, and/or capital management
- Solve complex problems with structured thinking, intellectual rigor, and attention to detail
- Works efficiently and can balance competing priorities in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a diverse group of colleagues
- Open communicator who proactively seeks and provides positive and constructive feedback
- Goals-oriented with a drive to work through obstacles
- Proficiency with MS Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Basic proficiency with at least one ETL tool (e.g. Python, R, SQL, SAS, Power Query, etc.)
Nice to have
- Foundational knowledge of cybersecurity topics and/or cyber insurance and analytics
- Experience in portfolio management and/or exposure management
- Knowledge of alternative risk transfer strategies and structuring in the reinsurance, retrocessionaire, and/or alternative capital markets
- Advanced to expert knowledge in MS Office applications, especially Excel
- Practical experience in data science and/or statistical modeling with one or more statistical coding packages (e.g. Python, R, SQL, SAS, etc.)
- Experience at an established insurance consultancy, insurance or reinsurance broker, big 4 consultancy, or management consultancy
Why you’ll love it here
- A truly collaborative, fast-paced and exciting environment
- Unlimited PTO, a dedicated day off at least monthly, and our company-wide end-of-year shutdown
- Competitive salary, 401K, and meaningful early stage equity
- Generous benefits including medical, vision dental, and life insurance
- Company-paid learning and development assistance
- Grow in a collaborative, respectful, and empathetic culture
- Employee recognition program for going above and beyond your regular duties which can be exchanged for exciting experiences and rewards
- Hybrid work model with the ability to work from home as needed
- Opportunity to participate in a global secondment program at one of our many offices across San Francisco, Chicago, New York, London, and Tallinn
- Regular in-person social events, monthly office lunches, and the occasional Zoom social!
- Great company culture with a company supported mentorship program available upon request
CyberCube Analytics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t tolerate discrimination against age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, color, nationality, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, protected genetic information or political affiliation.