IT Systems Administrator - Australia
Reports to: Director of Information Technology
Location: Remote Australia (must be able to work Australia Eastern Time Zone hours)
Compensation Range: $120,000 to $135,000 AUD base plus bonus and equity
What We Do:
Founded in 2015 as a fully remote company by former NSA cyber operators, Huntress was built on a simple premise: to force hackers to earn every inch of their access.
Today’s cyber-attacks aren’t limited to large organizations with the security tools that can ward off threats. Hackers don't discriminate and will find a way to penetrate any vulnerability in any size business, which is why Huntress focuses on protecting those small to midsize businesses that make up the backbone of our economy.
Huntress stops hidden threats that sneak past preventive security tools by utilizing our award-winning security platform and expert human threat hunters through dynamic products including Managed EDR, MDR for Microsoft 365, and Managed Security Awareness Training.
Join the hunt and help us stop hackers in their tracks!
What You’ll Do:
Huntress is seeking a skilled Systems Administrator to join our team. As a Systems Administrator, you will play a vital role in the day-to-day management, maintenance, and support of our organization's IT infrastructure. Your responsibilities will include maintaining and scaling our SaaS systems, assisting with remote customer support, and troubleshooting technical issues. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to work both independently and autonomously, possessing a solid technical background, exceptional problem-solving skills, and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment when needed.
- Provide comprehensive hardware and software support, including troubleshooting and issue resolution
- Maintain, support, and scale our SaaS systems to ensure their optimal performance and availability
- Work independently with limited supervision, taking ownership of system maintenance and project initiatives
- Ensure smooth operation and availability of hardware, software, and SaaS applications
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to plan and execute system upgrades and enhancements
- Implement and maintain system configurations, updates, and patches
- Conduct regular system monitoring and performance optimization
- Assist in the development and implementation of IT policies and procedures
- Provide technical guidance and support to end users
- Document and maintain accurate records of system configurations and changes
What You Bring To The Team:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Additional 1-2 years of relevant experience in help desk administration or a similar role
- Proven track record in providing comprehensive hardware and software support
- Demonstrated ability to execute without direct supervision, exhibiting strong self-motivation and initiative
- Familiarity with maintaining and supporting SaaS applications
- Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues efficiently
- Solid understanding of security best practices for SaaS environments
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively convey technical information to both technical and non-technical individuals
- Strong organizational and multitasking abilities, with the capacity to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Solid foundational knowledge of Windows 10 and macOS operating systems
- Experience with Google Workspace (formerly G Suite)
What We Offer:
- Fully remote work
- New starter home office set up allowance ($712 AUD)
- Generous personal leave entitlements
- Digital monthly reimbursement ($97 AUD)
Huntress is committed to creating a culture of inclusivity where every single member of our team is valued, has a voice, and is empowered to come to work every day just as they are.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
People from all culturally diverse backgrounds including Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
We do discriminate against hackers who try to exploit small businesses.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Please note non-accommodation requests to this inbox will not receive a response.
If you have any questions about your personal data privacy at Huntress, please visit our privacy page.