Senior Director, Sales Engineering
Reports to: Chief Revenue Officer
Compensation Range: Base and commission, with on-target earnings at $245,000 - $270,000 plus equity
What We Do:
Founded in 2015 as a fully remote company by former NSA cyber operators, Huntress was built on a simple premise: to force hackers to earn every inch of their access.
Today’s cyber-attacks aren’t limited to large organizations with the security tools that can ward off threats. Hackers don't discriminate and will find a way to penetrate any vulnerability in any size business, which is why Huntress focuses on protecting those small to midsize businesses that make up the backbone of our economy.
Huntress stops hidden threats that sneak past preventive security tools by utilizing our award-winning security platform and expert human threat hunters through dynamic products including Managed EDR, MDR for Microsoft 365, and Managed Security Awareness Training.
Join the hunt and help us stop hackers in their tracks!
What You’ll Do:
Huntress continues to experience high growth and with our recent Series C funding, we are looking to accelerate that growth further by adding an experienced Senior Director of Sales Engineering to lead and scale our sales engineering team. You’ll lead our existing team of sophisticated engineers, providing coaching and professional development while also reviewing procedures and policies, helping optimize the team’s success. Our sales engineers provide critical expertise to our sales team and customers throughout the discovery, sales, and renewal process, providing technical assistance and expertise, which lead to more successful outcomes. A critical component of success for our senior director will be continuing to build strategy, improve process and efficiency, and to continue to promote the impact our sales engineers have on the business.
Our ideal candidate will bring a demonstrated history of success impacting revenue, experience leading and building high-performing teams, a technical level of expertise within cyber security, as well as experience elevating their team both internally and externally.
- Lead and grow the global Technical Sales team; provide support as needed across all levels of the team
- Build and executive the go-to-market strategy for our sales engineering team, finding new areas of revenue as well as areas of process improvement and efficiency
- Provide actionable feedback to the team regarding areas of improvement throughout the sales process and/or the customer’s technical needs
- Articulate the evolving security challenges to a diverse audience
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Support, and Engineering on customers’ technical needs as it relates to Huntress’ current and future solutions, and implement solutions and process improvement
- Evaluate and propose improvements to the technical sales process
- Spot opportunities for improvement in the sales process that may be in need of improvement
- Comfortable traveling up to 25% of the time, meeting face-to-face with customers and attending events and trade shows
- Comfortable giving technical presentations regarding our product to large groups (from 5 - 500 people)
What You Bring To The Team:
- 10+ years of experience working as a Sales Engineer or in a technical role
- 5+ years of experience in a technical sales leadership role, at a director level or higher
- Experience building and scaling teams, and also providing coaching and mentoring to improve the knowledge and skills of those on your team
- Experience in endpoint or network security space – eg. AV, EDR, incident response, forensics, SIEM, firewall, HIPS/IDS, etc
- Experience working in or with MSPs and VARs
- Experience with malware, threat intelligence, and/or sandbox analysis
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to present to a variety of external audiences, including C-level executives
- Strong social media presence within the Cyber and MSP communities
- Experience building, improving, and standardizing technical processes across the teams
- A proactive mindset; the ability to spot opportunities for improvement or shortcomings before they are an issue
- Experience with programming or scripting languages such as PowerShell, Python, and Bash a plus
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
- Familiarity with MSP tools such as RMMs and PSAs
What We Offer:
- 100% remote work environment - since our founding in 2015
- Generous paid time off policy including vacation, sick time, and paid holidays
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Highly competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits plans
- 401(k) with 5% contribution regardless of employee contribution
- Life and Disability insurance plans
- Stock options for all full-time employees
- One-time $500 stipend to build/upgrade home office
- Annual allowance for education and professional development assistance
- $75 USD/month digital reimbursement
- Access to both Udemy and BetterUp platforms for coaching, personal, and professional growth
Huntress is committed to creating a culture of inclusivity where every single member of our team is valued, has a voice, and is empowered to come to work every day just as they are.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We do discriminate against hackers who try to exploit small businesses.
If you have any questions about your personal data privacy at Huntress, please visit our privacy page.