Secure Code Warrior
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Posted on Wednesday, July 19, 2023
Our mission at Secure Code Warrior is to make the digital world safer by helping companies secure their software through developer-driven security. In a nutshell, Secure Code Warrior gives developers the skills to write secure code. Our learning platform is the most effective secure coding solution because it uses agile learning methods for developers to learn, apply, and retain software security principles. Over 600 enterprises trust Secure Code Warrior to implement agile learning security programs, deliver secure software rapidly, and create a culture of developer-driven security.
To make our mission possible, we’ve brought together individuals passionate about software, security, connection, and collaboration. We are a venture-backed, global remote-first company with offices in Australia, America, Belgium, Iceland, and the United Kingdom.
For more information about Secure Code Warrior, visit www.securecodewarrior.com.
Are you an experienced AppSec developer with a knack for researching vulnerabilities, experience in playing or writing capture-the-flag exercises, reviewing source code in a number of languages, with the ability to spot vulnerabilities in code while sleeping? Do you look at code and instinctively look for vulnerabilities out of habit? Have you seen code that gave you nightmares, and you want to help educate developers to avoid writing insecure code?
Secure Code Warrior is looking for a Security Researcher who will be a subject matter expert and an integral part of our content team to advise and help decide what training content to build, to help create experiences that teach developers the danger of insecure software development practices, to educate them about the vulnerabilities, and how to write secure and high-quality code.
What You Will Do
- Create offensive and defensive educational security content by creating missions and coding labs
- Research and write deep dives on vulnerabilities and create secure and insecure code examples by creating guidelines
- Perform white box/code review assessments of applications; finding vulnerabilities in the process and helping to fix them.
- Ensure delivery of high-quality training content that informs and educates the right people about the right things when it comes to secure coding practices and vulnerabilities.
- Serve as a subject matter expert when it comes to specific secure coding practices and will use that expertise to inform content written by you and others
- Contribute to our content strategy, so understanding how developers work and how to help them is important.
What You Will Bring
- BS in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Minimum three (3) years of experience; with at least one (1) year in an enterprise SaaS environment
- Additional language experience in the following is a plus (in terms of importance):C, C++, Kotlin, COBOL, RPG, Ruby on Rails, Scala, Go, PHP, Swift, Objective C, PL/SQL
- Code reviewing with strong attention to detail.
- Increasing knowledge about secure software development practices.
- Specific experience working in a software security role would be an advantage.
- Demonstrate excellent English skills in technical writing and editing.
- Keen to work in a dynamic scale-up.
- The ability to be a self-starter in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent time-management and prioritizing abilities.
- A passion for new technologies and new developments in security and technology.
You're joining us at an exciting stage in our journey, and are key to our future success. You’ll have the opportunity to create impact, deliver on your ideas, and use your spark; experience and expertise to help us live long and prosper.
Warriors have full flexibility. We appreciate that you’ll do your best work when you’re rested and energized. With our business operating globally, there’s no 9-5 grind at Secure Code Warrior. You’re encouraged to work the days, times and in the way that suits your best. We also offer generous leave and work from home options so you can make work work for you.
We’re a tight-knit team that values humility, diversity, giving back to the community and to each other. Giving back is key to being a Warrior, and we do what we can to make the world a little bit brighter as we work to make it more secure.
Diversity. Inclusion. They’re more than just words for us. They’re the hard-and-fast principles guiding how we build our teams, cultivate leaders and create a company where every single person feels safe and celebrated. We have a global, multicultural following—we want to reflect that inside our walls and ensure people come as they are, we like it that way!