Vice President, Growth Marketing
Secure Code Warrior
Marketing & Communications, Sales & Business Development
Portland, OR, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
Our mission at Secure Code Warrior is to make the digital world safer by helping companies secure their software through developer-driven security. In a nutshell, Secure Code Warrior gives developers the skills to write secure code. Our learning platform is the most effective secure coding solution because it uses agile learning methods for developers to learn, apply, and retain software security principles. Over 600 enterprises trust Secure Code Warrior to implement agile learning security programs, deliver secure software rapidly, and create a culture of developer-driven security.
To make our mission possible, we’ve brought together individuals passionate about software, security, connection, and collaboration. We are a venture-backed, global remote-first company with offices in Australia, America, Belgium, Iceland, and the United Kingdom.
For more information about Secure Code Warrior, visit www.securecodewarrior.com.
We are looking for a marketing leader to manage and develop a team of marketers to execute Secure Code Warrior’s digital strategy. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, our Vice President of Growth Marketing will be responsible for running and optimizing cross-channel acquisition and engagement programs, with the objective of growing customer acquisition, ensuring that our website is optimized to drive conversion, and creating integrated campaigns. The ideal candidate will also be a player-coach who can inspire and mentor others.
Owning the marketing operations and entire digital marketing strategy, you will build out our customer journey mapping - ensuring that our digital programs are supportive of our goals. Your team will craft global performance-based integrated campaigns that will drive key acquisition, engagement, and pipeline goals.
What You Will Do
- Develop and execute comprehensive growth marketing strategies to drive customer acquisition, engagement, and retention.
- Lead and mentor a team of marketing professionals, fostering a collaborative and high-performing culture.
- Oversee demand generation efforts, including account and vertical-based marketing, quality funnel conversion rates to the pipeline, nurturing customers and prospects, and optimization spend across various marketing channels.
- Drive performance marketing campaigns, leveraging data-driven insights and analytics to optimize campaign performance and maximize ROI.
- Collaborate closely with the sales team to align marketing efforts with sales goals, ensuring marketing supports and enhances sales processes and motions. Partner with the sales teams to develop outbound plays to complement our inbound marketing strategy.
- Develop and implement content strategies across the customer journey that resonate with target audiences and support demand generation and conversion.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, competitive landscape, and best practices in growth marketing, leveraging this knowledge to drive continuous improvement and innovation.
- Track and report on key growth metrics, providing regular updates and actionable insights to the executive team.
What You Will Bring
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of corporate marketing, brand marketing, and/or marketing communications experience at an enterprise SaaS start-up or high-growth company, with at least ten (10) years of experience leading teams.
- Strong proficiency in demand generation strategies, performance marketing techniques, and content strategy development.
- Experience in hands-on execution of marketing campaigns across various channels, including digital, social media, email marketing, and paid advertising.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a diverse team to achieve ambitious growth targets.
- Strong analytical mindset with the ability to leverage data and metrics to drive decision-making and optimize marketing efforts.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and represent marketing initiatives to sales stakeholders.
You're joining us at an exciting stage in our journey, and are key to our future success. You’ll have the opportunity to create impact, deliver on your ideas, and use your spark; experience and expertise to help us live long and prosper.
Warriors have full flexibility. We appreciate that you’ll do your best work when you’re rested and energized. With our business operating globally, there’s no 9-5 grind at Secure Code Warrior. You’re encouraged to work the days, times and in the way that suits your best. We also offer generous leave and work from home options so you can make work work for you.
We’re a tight-knit team that values humility, diversity, giving back to the community and to each other. Giving back is key to being a Warrior, and we do what we can to make the world a little bit brighter as we work to make it more secure.
Diversity. Inclusion. They’re more than just words for us. They’re the hard-and-fast principles guiding how we build our teams, cultivate leaders and create a company where every single person feels safe and celebrated. We have a global, multicultural following—we want to reflect that inside our walls and ensure people come as they are, we like it that way!