Vice President, Corporate Marketing and Communications
Secure Code Warrior
Marketing & Communications
Portland, OR, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
Our mission at Secure Code Warrior is to make the digital world safer by helping companies secure their software through developer-driven security. In a nutshell, Secure Code Warrior gives developers the skills to write secure code. Our learning platform is the most effective secure coding solution because it uses agile learning methods for developers to learn, apply, and retain software security principles. Over 600 enterprises trust Secure Code Warrior to implement agile learning security programs, deliver secure software rapidly, and create a culture of developer-driven security.
To make our mission possible, we’ve brought together individuals passionate about software, security, connection, and collaboration. We are a venture-backed, global remote-first company with offices in Australia, America, Belgium, Iceland, and the United Kingdom.
For more information about Secure Code Warrior, visit www.securecodewarrior.com.
As the Vice President of Corporate Marketing and Communications, you will own the global brand marketing and communications strategy for Secure Code Warrior and lead, mentor, and scale a team across creative design, website, and communications.
As a critical leadership team member, you will report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer and be responsible for defining and developing our brand, corporate positioning, messaging, and programs, and amplifying our corporate story and thought leadership as you drive brand awareness across our target markets.
The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of leadership with high-growth B2B SaaS companies through early growth and scale stages.
What You Will Do
- Lead, manage, mentor, and scale the marketing team while providing support, investment, and professional development to reach aggressive growth goals. This is an operator player/coach role as we continue to grow the team.
- Manage the company's brand strategy and ensure that all related initiatives align with brand values and messaging. Work closely with key internal teams and external stakeholders to refine the voice and visual expression of the brand.
- Lead the development of high-performing design, communications, content, and web optimization programs that build awareness and the company's reputation, delivering meaningful results and consistent messages to stakeholders.
- Oversee and execute enterprise-wide corporate communications and public relations strategy ensuring alignment with company goals.
- Create and leverage an event strategy to increase our brand presence in the market and with partners.
- Own and evolve the company narrative and messaging to better resonate with thought leaders, buyers, and end-users at every touchpoint.
- Oversee the development of company materials, including presentations, market reports, case studies, and other collateral to support sales and marketing efforts.
- Managing corporate website, including updating content, improving UI/UX, enhancing SEO, reporting on quarterly and year-over-year Analytics performance metrics, and partnering with third-party suppliers on website-related services
- Monitor and report on program performance, including advertising, public relations, social, and website. Continuously evaluate and improve the effectiveness of programs and tactics.
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, or Public Relations; strongly desire Masters or MBA in Marketing or Communications
- A minimum of ten (10) years of enterprise SaaS experience developing and executing lifecycle marketing strategies that deliver on key acquisition, engagement, and retention goals; in a start-up or fast-growing environment
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a start-up or high-growth enterprise SaaS company.
- Experience developing and executing enterprise-wide corporate communications programs at scale or at a public or private multinational company.
- Experience marketing a SaaS platform or product suite.
- Proven success leading marketing and creative design teams through early stage and scale phases.
- Demonstrated success in building and expanding PR, analyst, content, and communications programs that have resulted in exponential growth in brand awareness.
- Strong skills and discipline in executing the creative process, and proven results in delivering award-winning or category-best advertising campaigns.
Attributes for a Successful Candidate
- Strategic thinker with exceptional business acumen and proven ability to execute
- Outstanding people leader who hires, coaches, develops, and motivates their team to do exceptional work
- A peer that thinks beyond their traditional remit to collaborate and work on cross-functional marketing programs
- Excellent internal and external communication skills with a proven ability to clearly convey complex ideas driving stakeholder alignment
- Creative explorer with a commercial mindset
- Entrepreneurial with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
You're joining us at an exciting stage in our journey, and are key to our future success. You’ll have the opportunity to create impact, deliver on your ideas, and use your spark; experience and expertise to help us live long and prosper.
Warriors have full flexibility. We appreciate that you’ll do your best work when you’re rested and energized. With our business operating globally, there’s no 9-5 grind at Secure Code Warrior. You’re encouraged to work the days, times and in the way that suits your best. We also offer generous leave and work from home options so you can make work work for you.
We’re a tight-knit team that values humility, diversity, giving back to the community and to each other. Giving back is key to being a Warrior, and we do what we can to make the world a little bit brighter as we work to make it more secure.
Diversity. Inclusion. They’re more than just words for us. They’re the hard-and-fast principles guiding how we build our teams, cultivate leaders and create a company where every single person feels safe and celebrated. We have a global, multicultural following—we want to reflect that inside our walls and ensure people come as they are, we like it that way!