Secure Code Warrior
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
Our mission at Secure Code Warrior is to make the digital world safer by helping companies secure their software through developer-driven security. In a nutshell, Secure Code Warrior gives developers the skills to write secure code. Our learning platform is the most effective secure coding solution because it uses agile learning methods for developers to learn, apply, and retain software security principles. Over 600 enterprises trust Secure Code Warrior to implement agile learning security programs, deliver secure software rapidly, and create a culture of developer-driven security.
To make our mission possible, we’ve brought together individuals passionate about software, security, connection, and collaboration. We are a venture-backed, global remote-first company with offices in Australia, America, Belgium, Iceland, and the United Kingdom.
For more information about Secure Code Warrior, visit www.securecodewarrior.com.
Do you love products that help people learn? Are you a passionate designer who loves to collaborate closely with engineers, product managers, and fellow designers?
Design your future at Secure Code Warrior! You will be key in establishing the design culture and creating delightful customer experiences in a growing organization, moving quickly from a startup into a scaleup. We are building a high-quality, high-performing global design team and are seeking an experienced Product Designer. This position requires somebody based in Sydney, Australia. You will have opportunities to learn and grow in this role!
Our ideal candidate has a strong sense of empathy, is constantly looking for ways to impact users' lives positively, and is committed to collaboration. The Product Designer will own the end-to-end design process for our Learning product and related teams. In this role, you will have hands-on involvement in all aspects of design, including research, strategy, and coordinating with other design team members. Your work will touch on UX design, visual design, and interaction design, and work with a dynamic team of product managers and developers. We’re seeking an on-trend, high-value aesthetic designer who thrives in a collaborative environment.
What You Will Doing:
- Owning the end-to-end design process for new features and iterations for areas of a product used across the globe.
- Working with your Product Manager to drive your strategic domain's vision, strategy, and research efforts.
- Meeting with customers, prospects, and internal stakeholders like Customer Success and Sales teams to drive innovation in your domain.
- Championing design in terms of planning, process, and integration.
- Contributing to creating and optimizing a sustainable experience that leads to long-term, engaged users.
- Working collaboratively with engineering, product, product marketing and other functions.
- Measuring KPIs and ensuring product alignment across the organization.
- Developing thoughtful, impactful solutions to solve complex design problems.
- Balancing trade-offs of time spent innovating with the ability to ship efficiently and successfully and manage the design’s roadmap accordingly.
- Working collaboratively with your Product and Engineering partners to identify and solve customer, product and business problems.
What You Will Bring:
- Relevant work experience as a product designer is preferred.
- A solid grounding in Visual Design, Interaction Design and Customer Research
- Strong understanding of web and mobile technologies, some coding experience a plus!
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent eye for aesthetic design and customer appeal
- Good understanding of color science and combinations
- Artistic and innovative flair
- Excellent attention to detail
- Meticulous and diligent
- Strong knowledge of the product design industry and market trends
- Expertise with Figma and other industry-standard design tools.
- A strong portfolio of product design and design systems work, including designs that showcase both an ability to think and articulate in depth about solving user problems.
- A passion for launching new products and features with demonstrated levels of success.
- An interest in working with teams and individuals worldwide, and an ability and interest to collaborate with those in other time zones.
You're joining us at an exciting stage in our journey, and are key to our future success. You’ll have the opportunity to create impact, deliver on your ideas, and use your spark; experience and expertise to help us live long and prosper.
Warriors have full flexibility. We appreciate that you’ll do your best work when you’re rested and energized. With our business operating globally, there’s no 9-5 grind at Secure Code Warrior. You’re encouraged to work the days, times and in the way that suits your best. We also offer generous leave and work from home options so you can make work work for you.
We’re a tight-knit team that values humility, diversity, giving back to the community and to each other. Giving back is key to being a Warrior, and we do what we can to make the world a little bit brighter as we work to make it more secure.
Diversity. Inclusion. They’re more than just words for us. They’re the hard-and-fast principles guiding how we build our teams, cultivate leaders and create a company where every single person feels safe and celebrated. We have a global, multicultural following—we want to reflect that inside our walls and ensure people come as they are, we like it that way!