Sr Product Designer
Secure Code Warrior
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
Our mission at Secure Code Warrior is to make the digital world safer by helping companies secure their software through developer-driven security. In a nutshell, Secure Code Warrior gives developers the skills to write secure code. Our learning platform is the most effective secure coding solution because it uses agile learning methods for developers to learn, apply, and retain software security principles. Over 600 enterprises trust Secure Code Warrior to implement agile learning security programs, deliver secure software rapidly, and create a culture of developer-driven security.
To make our mission possible, we’ve brought together individuals passionate about software, security, connection, and collaboration. We are a venture-backed, global remote-first company with offices in Australia, America, Belgium, Iceland, and the United Kingdom.
For more information about Secure Code Warrior, visit www.securecodewarrior.com.
The Sr Product Designer will be part of the cross-functional growth team and will work on top-of-funnel activities to dry the prepurchase company onboarding and administration aspects of the product. This role is a high-impact and highly collaborative role that will also be part of upcoming key projects.
As a Senior Designer, you will guide other designers in your area, serve as a thought leader and mentor, and affect real change, delivering impactful, data-driven designs with high visibility throughout our organization.
In this role, you will be hands-on in all design aspects, including research, strategy, and coordinating with other design team members. Your work will touch on UX, visual, and interaction design and work with a dynamic team of product managers and developers. We’re seeking an on-trend, high-value aesthetic designer who thrives in a collaborative environment.
What will you be doing?
- Owning the end-to-end design process for new features and iterations for a globally-used product.
- Driving the vision, strategy, and research efforts for your strategic domain.
- Meeting with customers, prospects, and internal stakeholders like Customer Success and Sales teams to drive innovation in your domain.
- Championing design in terms of planning, process, and integration.
- Contributing to creating and optimizing a sustainable experience that leads to long-term, engaged users.
- Working collaboratively with engineering, product, product marketing, and other functions.
- Measuring KPIs and ensuring product alignment across the organization.
- Developing thoughtful, impactful solutions to solve complex design problems.
- Balancing trade-offs of time spent innovating with the ability to ship efficiently and successfully and manage the design’s roadmap accordingly.
- Working collaboratively with your Product and Engineering partners to identify and solve customer, product, and business problems.
- Evangelizing design across the organization through process, advocating for the best outcomes.
- Mentoring fellow designers, helping them to think critically and improve their craft. While this role is a lead individual contributor, it does have the potential to grow as we build the team.
What will you bring?
- 8+ years of product design experience in software or combined experience as a SaaS UX Designer, Interaction Designer, Visual Designer, researcher, or other related disciplines
- Strong understanding of web and mobile technologies, some coding experience a plus!
- Expertise with Figma and other industry-standard design tools.
- A strong portfolio of product design and design systems work, including designs that showcase an ability to think and articulate in depth about solving user problems.
- A passion for launching new products and features with demonstrated levels of success.
- Strong communication skills with cross-departmental teammates and the ability to communicate ideas clearly.
- A growth mindset and openness to new ideas with an interest in providing and receiving feedback.
- An interest in coaching and mentoring junior designers.
- The ability to manage time and schedules to meet aggressive deadlines and influence through persuasive written and verbal communication.
- Attention to detail and strong technical intuition, as well as the ability to set and manage expectations at the executive level.
- A combination of excellent leadership skills and superior interpersonal / communication skills, making you an effective collaborator at all levels in cross-functional teams.
- An interest in working with teams and individuals around the world (your manager is in England), and an ability and interest to collaborate with those in other time zones.
You're joining us at an exciting stage in our journey, and are key to our future success. You’ll have the opportunity to create impact, deliver on your ideas, and use your spark; experience and expertise to help us live long and prosper.
Warriors have full flexibility. We appreciate that you’ll do your best work when you’re rested and energized. With our business operating globally, there’s no 9-5 grind at Secure Code Warrior. You’re encouraged to work the days, times and in the way that suits your best. We also offer generous leave and work from home options so you can make work work for you.
We’re a tight-knit team that values humility, diversity, giving back to the community and to each other. Giving back is key to being a Warrior, and we do what we can to make the world a little bit brighter as we work to make it more secure.
Diversity. Inclusion. They’re more than just words for us. They’re the hard-and-fast principles guiding how we build our teams, cultivate leaders and create a company where every single person feels safe and celebrated. We have a global, multicultural following—we want to reflect that inside our walls and ensure people come as they are, we like it that way!