Backend Software Engineer
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2023
We are looking for a highly skilled Backend Software Engineer to join our team and work on a Python-based backend application. The application provides APIs to query the underlying graph of data. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Python and experience in building scalable and efficient backend systems. They will also have familiarity with at least some relational and no-sql databases.
- Collaborate with product managers and front-end engineers to design and implement APIs to query the graph of data
- Build, optimize and scale the backend systems that power the application
- Write clean, modular, and testable code
- Participate in code reviews and provide feedback to peers
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in backend development
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in backend development
- Expertise in Python and its ecosystem (e.g., FastAPI, Flask, Pydantic, SQLAlchemy, Celery, Pytest etc)
- Strong understanding of relational databases and SQL
- Exposure to Apache Spark is a plus
- Familiarity with GraphQL and RESTful API design principles
- Familiarity with containerization and deployment technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with any NoSQL databases is a plus
- Experience with at least one of the public cloud (AWS, Azure, or GCP) is preferable
- Experience with version control systems (e.g., Git)
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are passionate about backend development and building scalable systems, we encourage you to apply and join our team.
Symmetry Systems is the industry’s first hybrid cloud data security platform that safeguards data at scale in AWS, GCP, Azure services, and on-premise databases while supporting a data-centric zero trust model. With Symmetry, security and compliance teams can address threats quickly through AI-driven data security posture management (DSPM). Symmetry provides visibility into data risks from excessive permissions and anomalous data flows while giving organizations the evidence required to demonstrate compliance best practices.Born from the award-winning Spark Research Lab at UT Austin, Symmetry is backed by leading security investors ForgePoint Capital and Prefix Capital with participation from Accenture Ventures. Symmetry provides solutions for the most demanding security teams. For more information about Symmetry Systems, please visit www.symmetry-systems.com or follow us on Twitter or LinkedIn.
See more open positions at Symmetry Systems
Something looks off?