Security Software Development Engineer
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Posted on Thursday, June 8, 2023
Our Cloud Security Team is growing and we are in search of an enthusiastic and curious engineer to be a part of the journey!
Symmetry is an early stage startup in a new category of technology called Data Security Posture Management (DSPM). We are making our mark with customers and prospects through interesting data visualizations and seamless workflows backed by in-depth security analysis, AI & machine learning.
As a Security Engineer, you will work closely with many teams at Symmetry, driving projects that build security features, improve the security posture of our organization and our customers. This role will also contribute to the product by designing and implementing default data security rule sets for DataGuard.
This role will perform a variety of responsibilities ranging from infrastructure/application security engineering, advanced penetration testing and threat modeling. It will also include product advisory. In addition, we spend a fair amount of time working with the earliest adopters of our product, helping them achieve greater value from the product.
We are looking for:
Ideal candidates for this role will have a background in cloud security in one of three major clouds (AWS, GCP or Azure), as well as working with advanced red team frameworks like Mitre ATT&CK. Our product works across multiple public clouds, which vary in how each cloud handles identity and access management. Having a strong understanding of at least one public cloud’s Identity and Access Management model will prove to be advantageous in this role.
We look for candidates who exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit and want to shape the future of this product with a bit of personal creativity. You are passionate about your work, show attention to detail, take initiative, have an infectious team spirit, and of course exhibit a collaborative attitude. It doesn’t hurt to have a good sense of humor too! We are especially interested if you love telling compelling visual stories about rich data experiences.
What you will do:
- Work closely with our Machine Learning practice to both generate synthetic data for modeling purposes based on Mitre ATT&CK, as well as study discrete customer models for anomalies.
- Collaborate with product teams, platform and infrastructure teams, and Infosec teams to identify opportunities to improve our security posture.
- Help establish technical standards and drive Symmetry’s overall technical architecture and engineering practices especially around security.
- Recommend and create innovative solutions that balance security standards with Symmetry customer business requirements.
- Stay on-top of the latest known CVE/CWE threats to our application infrastructure and code for remediation purposes.
- Recommend, implement and administer cloud and application security controls.
- Work with customers to address Identity and Access Management issues.
- Mentor other engineers on security.
You are a strong candidate if you have:
- Advanced working cloud architecture and security experience of at least one public cloud (AWS, GCP or Azure)
- Attacker mindset and experience with Threat Modeling
- Experience with Mitre ATT&CK
- Programming experience in Java, C++, Python and/or Go, specifically basic understanding of common data structures and algorithms
- Working experience with messaging systems (Kafka, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ)
- Practical understanding and experience with Snowflake, databricks and NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis)
- Vast experience with cloud and application tooling
- Experience with ethical hacking and vulnerability management reporting
- Advanced experience in infrastructure security and knowledge of cloud security misconfigurations and anti-patterns (ex: over privilege, public data stores).
- Deep understanding of SDLC principles and CI/CD on cloud
- CISSP or equivalent security certification(s) is a plus
Symmetry Systems is the industry’s first hybrid cloud data security platform that safeguards data at scale in AWS, GCP, Azure services, and on-premise databases while supporting a data-centric zero trust model. With Symmetry, security and compliance teams can address threats quickly through AI-driven data security posture management (DSPM). Symmetry provides visibility into data risks from excessive permissions and anomalous data flows while giving organizations the evidence required to demonstrate compliance best practices. Born from the award-winning Spark Research Lab at UT Austin, Symmetry is backed by leading security investors ForgePoint Capital and Prefix Capital with participation from Accenture Ventures. Symmetry provides solutions for the most demanding security teams. For more information about Symmetry Systems, please visit www.symmetry-systems.com or follow us on Twitter or LinkedIn.