Software Development Engineer
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
Symmetry Systems is a new kind of security company in an age where security breaches and ransomware attacks are becoming a daily occurrence. We apply machine learning with precision and speed to help our customers better understand and protect their large fleets of data stores, identities and applications in a hybrid cloud environment.
Our goal is to provide visibility and actionability to security and engineering organizations that are globally responsible for managing data and identity management risk. We do all of this without impacting production, goto market or productivity speeds, while creating symmetry and balance between Engineering and Security.
We are a kind and trustworthy team. We believe in an inclusive culture, focused on working together toward one mission and goal. We take pride in our work and apply a craftsmanship rigor to building our product each and every day.
What We Need
Our engineering team is growing and we are in search of an enthusiastic developer who would be part of building a company and product that people love. Symmetry is a fast-paced growing startup in a new category of technology called Data Security Posture Management (DSPM). We are making our mark with customers and prospects through interesting data visualizations and seamless workflows backed by in-depth security analysis, AI & machine learning.
As a product development engineer, you will work closely with many teams at Symmetry, driving projects that build features and data security rule sets for Symmetry’s data security product DataGuard.
We look for candidates who exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit and want to shape the future of this product with a bit of personal creativity. You are passionate about your work, show attention to detail, take initiative, have an infectious team spirit, and of course exhibit a collaborative attitude.
What You Will Do
- Responsible to build, innovate, and optimize the data security analytics systems that power the Symmetry Systems data security platform
- Work with the security team to analyze the different types of attack on cloud data security and design and develop the solution to detect, prevent and automate the resolution.
- Write clean, modular, testable and secure code
- Collaborate with product teams, platform and infrastructure teams, and Infosec teams to identify opportunities to improve our security posture.
- Help establish technical standards and drive Symmetry’s overall technical architecture and engineering practices especially around security.
- Recommend and create innovative solutions that balance security standards with Symmetry customer business requirements.
- Recommend, implement and administer cloud and application security controls.
- Work with customers to address Identity and Access Management issues.
What You Will Bring
- Advanced working cloud architecture and security experience of at least one public cloud (AWS, GCP or Azure)
- Great programming and engineering skills in python
- Understanding of various database and data storage systems on cloud
- Advanced skill set in back end development including programming to manage huge volume of data
- Vast experience with cloud and application tooling
- Strong written and verbal communication. Concise; care about communicating the essence of your work to diverse groups of people
- Deep understanding of SDLC principles and CI/CD on cloud
- Understanding of identity management across multiple clouds and federated IAM/SSOs.
- MITRE ATT&CK, penetration testing tools like Prowler, etc.
- Candidates with strong interest in security who is keeping up with cloud security community (e.g., fwd:cloud-sec); both defensive and attack work related to cloud will be a bonus
- Ability to present work at top industry and research conferences.Attacker mindset and experience with Threat Modeling
- Experience with ethical hacking and vulnerability management reporting
- Advanced experience in infrastructure security and knowledge of cloud security misconfigurations and anti-patterns (ex: over privilege, public data stores).
- CEH, CISSP or equivalent security certification(s) is a plus
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive health coverage
- Paid parental leave.
- Work from anywhere experience, including customer related travel
- Generous on-boarding allowance to create an exceptional work from anywhere experience.
- Flexible PTO and company holidays
- Continuous training and mentorship including an annual professional development fund for certifications, conferences, books and training classes.
- Access to some of the most innovative and experienced client base to build your network and learn