ML Platform Engineer, NLP
Software Engineering, Data Science
Bellevue, WA, USA
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2023
Truera provides the first AI Quality platform, to help enterprises analyze machine learning, improve model quality and build trust. Powered by enterprise-class Artificial Intelligence (AI) Explainability technology based on six years of research at Carnegie Mellon University, Truera’s platform helps eliminate the black box surrounding widely used AI and ML technologies. This visibility leads to higher quality, explainable models that achieve measurable business results, address unfair bias, and ensure governance and compliance.
We are excited about the amazing team we’re building at Truera. One of the core cultural principles at Truera is: “Create what’s not there.” We’re building a team of creator-builders who are excited about our mission and keen to build large-scale systems and drive cutting-edge research in support of it.
We are a rapidly growing Series B company funded by Greylock, Wing, and Menlo Ventures, and working with both Fortune 100 customers and startups throughout the world!
About the job
We are looking for a Machine Learning Platform Engineer with expertise in NLP to join the TruEra team, where you will be designing, building, and managing a scalable and highly available Data platform, AI/ML infrastructure ecosystems. We're developing the platform for both public and private cloud environments with the container as first-class citizens. Infrastructure is at the core of our platform, and we're constantly innovating to make our systems more performant, timely, cost-effective, and capable while maintaining high reliability. You'll be architecting our core data and ML infrastructure and pipelines.
What You Will be Doing:
- Productionizing monitoring and diagnostics on language models
- Build high-quality and scalable systems for deploying AI models
- Collaborate with ML Engineers, Backend Engineers, and Products Managers to deliver new Platform capability
- Participate in early customer engagements and PoCs, and use that context to drive new product features
- Review design and code, and make sure what we ship is awesome
- “Create what’s not there”
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- 5+ years experience in Software Engineering, preferably in data Infrastructure, machine learning, and/or cloud ecosystems
- Experience working with language models using libraries such as transformers, nltk, tensorflow, pytorch
- Experience building data systems or machine learning ecosystems
- Strong mathematical skills and data manipulation using tools like numpy, pandas, pytorch, tensorflow
- Experience in the ML development cycle such as training, testing, monitoring and/or deployment
- Solid background in the fundamentals of machine learning, computer science and distributed systems
- Ability to build systems that balance scalability, availability, and latency
- Advocate for the continuous deployment and automation tools, monitoring, and self-healing systems
- Great communication skills and a team player
Nice to haves:
- Experience in one or more data stores including Elastic search, Postgres, Redshift, Hadoop, Cassandra, BigQuery, etc.
- Experience in containerized deployment or Kubernetes
- Having been a part of an engineering team at an early-stage startup
- Familiarity with open-source data & machine learning landscape
See more open positions at TruEra
Something looks off?