WireWheel is seeking a Quality Assurance (QA) Lead to join our team. WireWheel is revolutionizing the area of privacy and data protection by helping companies to build and manage cutting-edge and scalable privacy programs. Recognized by IDC Marketplace, Forrester and Gartner as a leader in worldwide data privacy management software, our cloud-based Data Privacy and Protection Platform is built by privacy experts using industry best practices to help organizations simplify, structure and automate their approach to privacy program management. We help companies with today’s California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and Eu General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR) requirements and remain ready for any future regulatory regimens.
The engineering team builds and supports a web-based platform that enables companies to run their privacy programs. We are a small, growing team in a true start-up environment. As a team, we move fast, adapt to the needs of the business, and ship quality software frequently. Our team members have diverse backgrounds, which helps cultivate an environment for creative problem solving and innovation. We believe that good ideas come from every level of the organization, from interns to the CEO. We invest in the career development of each team member, and strive to provide opportunities to meet personal growth objectives.
We are looking for a team member with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company and culture.
Do you strive to continuously improve your user's experience? Are you always improving your own skills and looking for new technologies to learn? Do you care deeply about enabling companies to better protect their customers’ data? Do you want to collaborate with a rapidly growing team where you can directly influence culture and the quality of products we ship?
As a QA Lead, you will help coordinate QA efforts across our product lines and engineering teams. You will participate in every stage of the feature's lifecycle from requirements to release. In this role, you will collaborate daily with software developers, testers, UX, DevOps, product managers, and customer support to make sure that we meet customer needs and build the most valuable.
- Responsibility for defining and improving QA processes.
- Coordinate QA efforts across onshore and offshore engineering teams.
- Implement methods to inspect, test and evaluate software products.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data.
- Search for bugs in the software, sometimes with automated software and sometimes manually.
- Demonstrate perseverance while discovering a bug or issue’s root cause.
- Diagnose customer issues and assist our customer support team as needed.
- Collaborate with various team members to identify and find solutions to bugs.
- Report and clearly document issues that you find in our bug tracking system.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience.
- A passion for creating quality software that will help protect private data.
- Found bugs in your own code through automated tests that you crafted.
- Created server-side APIs in Python or node.js and rich front-ends in a modern web framework like Vue or similar frameworks.
- A basic understanding of continuous integration processes and systems (Jenkins, CircleCI, TeamCity, etc.).
- Demonstrable knowledge of programming fundamentals and development methodologies.
- Excellent problem solving skills and a strong desire to learn and grow and the ability to adapt and flex to take on different challenges.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including ability to create clear and concise written communications.
WireWheel is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.