Software QA Engineer
Software QA Engineer
Team and Mission
WireWheel is revolutionizing the area of privacy and data protection for companies. By leveraging innovations in cloud infrastructure, machine learning, data science, and user experience, WireWheel provides a software-as-a-service solution for companies to safeguard and steward their most important asset: personal data.
The engineering team builds and supports a web-based platform that enables companies to run their privacy programs. We are a small, growing team in a true start-up environment. As a team, we move fast, adapt to the needs of the business, and ship quality software frequently. Our team members have diverse backgrounds, which helps cultivate an environment for creative problem solving and innovation. We believe that good ideas come from every level of the organization, from interns to the CEO. We invest in the career development of each team member, and strive to provide opportunities to meet personal growth objectives.
We are looking for team members with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company and culture.
Do you strive to continuously improve your user's experience? Are you always improving your own skills and looking for new technologies to learn? Do you care deeply about enabling companies to better protect their customers’ data? Do you want to collaborate with a rapidly growing team where you can directly influence culture and the quality of products we ship?
As a Software QA Engineer, you grow our automated quality assurance suite to further the quality of the platform.. You will participate in every stage of the feature's lifecycle from requirements to release. In this role, you will collaborate daily with software developers, testers, UX, DevOps, product managers, and customer support to make sure that we meet customer needs and build the most valuable.
Day-to-day, you will
- Build & enhance a web test automation using Playwright Typescript
- Develop an API test automation framework
- Test features & releases to ensure the highest quality
- Interact with the full development team to understand features and build test cases
- Search for bugs in the software, sometimes with automated software, and sometimes manually.
- Demonstrate perseverance while discovering a bug or issue’s root cause.
- Diagnose customer issues and assist our customer support team as needed.
- Collaborate with various team members to identify and find solutions to bugs.
- Report and clearly document issues that you find in our bug tracking system.
Ideally you have
- A passion for creating quality software that will help protect private data.
- Found bugs in your own code through automated tests that you crafted.
- Created server-side APIs in node.js and rich front-ends in a modern web framework like Vue or similar frameworks.
- A basic understanding of continuous integration processes and systems (Jenkins, CircleCI, TeamCity, etc.).
- Demonstrable knowledge of programming fundamentals and development methodologies.
- Excellent problem solving skills and a strong desire to learn and grow and the ability to adapt and flex to take on different challenges.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including ability to create clear and concise written communications.
WireWheel is an equal opportunity employer. We offer health, dental and vision insurance, a 401k and paid time off.
Something looks off?